A message from our founder, Shane Schmutz
After an exhaustive review process of 27 grant applications by the VP2H Board, we are proud to announce that we have approved 17 grant requests.
APPROVED AMOUNTS AND ORGANIZATIONS:
– Project Sanctuary: $30,000
– Vail Veterans Program: $27,500
– Patriot Anglers: $10,000
– Wounded Warrior Family Adventures: $10,000
– Angels of America’s Fallen: $10,000
– Veteran’s To Farmers: $10,000
– Helping Hands for Freedom – Colorado Arm: $7,500
– All Veterans Honor Guard: $6,000
– Vet Equity Corporation: $5,000
– Second Chance Veterans Charity: $5,000
– Volunteers of America – Veteran’s Service Center: $5,000
– Colorado Coalition for the Homeless – Homeless Veteran’s Reintegration Program: $5,000
– Colorado Adaptive Sports Foundation – Warrior Avalanche Sled Hockey Program: $5,000
– Mountain Resource Center – Support for Veteran’s Re-Integration: $5,000
– Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #1 Denver: $4,000
– American Patriots History Association: $2,500
– Colorado Fallen Heroes Memorial: $2,500
We had a total of $774,267 requested and we had $150,000 to provide via grants this year.
FEEDBACK VP2H REQUIRES FROM GRANT RECIPIENTS:
A. How many veterans did the grant money help?
B. How many veteran families did the grant money help?
C. How many total individuals did the grant money help (veterans and veteran family members)?
D. How did the grant money help individual veterans or their family members (please provide details).
E. How was the grant money spent?
F. During what dates or time periods was the grant money spent?
Our review process included evaluating each non-profit in the following weighted categories. We evaluated each for a “total score” which a Grant Selection Sub-Committee comprised of select board members was used as to help decide grant award recipients and grant amounts. Our board approved the overall package of grant recipients and amounts on May 11th, 2015.
Below is a list of the items evaluated and used in the scoring of the grant applications:
– Meets minimum requirements
– Helps Vets and/or their families free of charge
– Exists primarily to help vets
– Efficiency rating (amount of funds going directly to helping veterans and/or their family members versus overhead)
– 990 Tax Form, Financial Statements, and Budget review
– Colorado based or Colorado operating arm
– Collaboration with other veteran friendly organizations
– Active board and quality
– Quality of website and focus on veterans
– How long has the organization been established
– Number of paid staff versus volunteers
– Fit with VP2H mission
– Risk of failure as an organizations or as a program
– Ability for VP2H to make an impact
– Impact to VP2H marketing, brand, and reputation
– Ask amount
– Annual budget and revenue
– Size of non-profit
– Source of funding/donations
– Telephone call to each non-profit
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
– Buy a ticket to our 4th Annual Veteran’s Passport To Hope Gala to be hosted Veteran’s Day – November 11th, 2015 at Wings Over the Rockies Air and Space Museum or sponsor a table, by clicking here.
– Come golf with us on September 11th, 2015 at 8:30 AM at the beautiful Fossil Trace Golf Course in Golden, Colorado by clicking here.
– Volunteer to be a 2015 Gala Committee Member and help organize the 2015 Gala. Please, email the Gala Chair, Stephanie Strong at Gala@veteranspassport2hope.org with your contact information.
– As always you can email: email@example.com with any questions, comments, concerns, or ideas!
Thank you for your continued support,